The SecureClient installer will not run because the files are blocked.
This can be resolved by using the ‘Unblock’ option in the ‘Properties’ section of the msi file.
Msi files not recognised by Windows
The MSI files are not recognised as installation files, this is due to restrictions set on the laptop.
To get around this, the installer needs to be run using the Command Prompt:
- Open Command Prompt (Start > Run > cmd).
- Change the Directory to where the SecureClient installer is saved
- Enter the command ‘msiexec /i SecureClientInstaller.msi’
The installer will now run
Unable to install into the default file location
The user is unable to install into the default file location, caused by restricted file permissions.
The solution is to create a new folder and install the SecureClient in this:
- Create a new folder called “Surpass” or the folder name of choice, within the root of C:\
- Run the installer (using the method above)
- When asked to specify the install location change it to the folder you
created “C:\Surpass\” or the folder name of your choice.
The installation will complete as normal.