The below information lists the system requirements for Surpass.
You should also check the SecureClient system requirements. These can be found on the launch test page for your instance of Surpass. Navigate to the 'Secure Delivery' tab and you will see the requirements under the 'Minimum Specifications' heading.
- 2.33GHz CPU
- 1GB. Please note, for assessments containing advanced question types (such as BTL's office from BTL's ContentProducer) this should be increased to 2GB.
- Screen resolution of 1280x768.
- Graphics card with at least 64MB of memory. Please note, for assessments containing advanced question types (such as BTL's office from BTL's ContentProducer) this should be increased to 2GB.
- Two button mouse
- Audio capability and headphones may also be required for some assessments
Note: Screens should be scaled to 100% for administration and delivery. Macs are not fully supported when using any part of Surpass. Some features require a specific screen resolution for optimal usage, for more information please contact your BTL Account Manager.
Surpass is supported in the latest version of the following internet browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
Note: Safari is not fully supported when using any part of Surpass, but you can still sit tests using HTML web delivery.
Adobe Flash Player:
- Adobe Flash Player: version 18 or later
Note: Flash will no longer be supported by Adobe at the end of 2020.
Bandwidth to the Internet: