The below information lists the system requirements for Surpass.
You should also check the SecureClient system requirements. These can be found on the launch test page for your instance of Surpass. Navigate to the 'Secure Delivery' tab and you will see the requirements under the 'Minimum Specifications' heading.
- 2.33GHz CPU
- 1GB. Please note, for assessments containing advanced question types (such as BTL's office from BTL's ContentProducer) this should be increased to 2GB.
- Screen resolution of 1280x768.
- Graphics card with at least 64MB of memory. Please note, for assessments containing advanced question types (such as BTL's office from BTL's ContentProducer) this should be increased to 2GB.
- Two button mouse
- Audio capability and headphones may also be required for some assessments
Note: Screens should be scaled to 100% for administration and delivery. Macs are not fully supported when using any part of Surpass. Some features require a specific screen resolution for optimal usage, for more information please contact your BTL Account Manager.
Surpass is supported in the latest version of the following internet browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Safar (HTML web delivered tests only)
Note: Microsoft ceased support for Internet Explorer 11 in August 2021. You can continue to use Surpass in Internet Explorer 11, but BTL are unable to fix any issues specific to Internet Explorer 11 for Surpass releases later than and including 12.25. However, Internet Explorer 11 cannot be used to deliver tests.
Bandwidth to the Internet: